This recorded workshop package includes:
- Recording of keynote "Focus on the Future" by Dean West, discussing the new environment of board leadership, with strategies for keeping leaders focused on high-level needs of the organization
- Recording of "Tales from the Front Lines" interview with Ann Battrell, CEO of the American Dental Hygienists Association. Ann shares her best practices for collaboarating with her board.
- White paper: Leading Strategic Change in Associations
- Looking Forward 2021: Executive Summary - what the data is saying about the new association landscape
- Strategic Issue Brief - An in-depth look at the issue of board leadership from this session, including the challenges and solutions identified by workshop participants
- Discount code upon purchase to receive 25% off another Looking Forward Together Workshop, so you can join the next one LIVE
|Looking Forward 2021: Executive Summary (973.9 KB)||Available after Purchase|
|Leading Strategic Change in Associations (465.8 KB)||Available after Purchase|
Strategic Issue Brief: Focusing Volunteer Leaders on the Future
Leading strategic change is essential to the association’s long-term, sustainable advancement of the Mission.
The process for strategic change requires greater participation from a more diverse range of industry and professional leaders, volunteers, and staff. Critical to this process is balancing volunteer leaders’ perspectives between operations and the future of the industry or profession.
|Available after Purchase|
Dean West is the founder and President of Association Laboratory Inc. He leads client engagements and is a frequent speaker and facilitator for national and global association leadership meetings.
Mr. West is a former association executive with experience as executive director, chief operating officer, and chief financial officer for both national and international membership organizations. He has been a consultant to the association community since 1992, and has provided services to hundreds of state, national, and international organizations.
Dean West is a nationally recognized expert in association management. He is a Fellow of the American Society of Association Executives. Mr. West authored the chapter on Membership Research for the ASAE book, Membership Essentials and the chapter on Marketing Professional Development Programs in the ASAE book, Core Competencies in Professional Development.
Mr. West is an experienced volunteer leader familiar with the demands of volunteer leadership. He is Past Chairman of ASAE’s Professional Development Council and has served on the ASAE Membership Council and the Editorial Board for the ASAE & the Center for Association Leadership Journal of Association Leadership. He is a former member of the Board of Directors for the Association Forum of Chicagoland.
Ann Battrell serves as the Chief Executive Officer of the Chicago-based American Dental Hygienists’ Association (ADHA). Battrell first joined the ADHA in 2000 as the Manager of Dental Hygiene Education. She is the first registered dental hygienist and the first former ADHA president to serve in this position.
Battrell holds a certificate and bachelor’s degree in dental hygiene from Northwestern University School of Dentistry in Chicago. She earned a master’s degree in dental hygiene from the University of Missouri - Kansas City, School of Dentistry in 2007. Battrell has held dental hygiene faculty positions at Northwestern University Dental School in Chicago and Palm Beach College in Palm Beach, Fla. While working as a dental hygiene clinician and educator, Battrell also advised a variety of dental corporations as a consultant.
As Chief Executive Officer, Battrell represents ADHA to governmental agencies, educational institutions, other related associations, foundations, and corporate partners.
Please wait ...