Workshop 6 Recording: Re-energizing Global Partnerships in a New Landscape
This recorded workshop package includes:
- Recording of keynote "Focus on the Future" by Dean West, discussing the new environment and its impact on external awarness, with strategies for identifying the groups you need to reach, selecting methods and honing your message.
- Recording of "Tales from the Front Lines" interview with Magdalena Mook of the International Coaching Federation. Magda shares a variety of different partnership models ICF deploys for membership growth, value and engagement.
- White paper: Leading Strategic Change in Associations
- Looking Forward 2021: Executive Summary - what the data is saying about the new association landscape
- Strategic Issue Brief - An in-depth look at the issue of building external awareness from this session, including the challenges and solutions identified by workshop participants
Dean West is the founder and President of Association Laboratory Inc. He leads client engagements and is a frequent speaker and facilitator for national and global association leadership meetings.
Mr. West is a former association executive with experience as executive director, chief operating officer, and chief financial officer for both national and international membership organizations. He has been a consultant to the association community since 1992, and has provided services to hundreds of state, national, and international organizations.
Dean West is a nationally recognized expert in association management. He is a Fellow of the American Society of Association Executives. Mr. West authored the chapter on Membership Research for the ASAE book, Membership Essentials and the chapter on Marketing Professional Development Programs in the ASAE book, Core Competencies in Professional Development.
Mr. West is an experienced volunteer leader familiar with the demands of volunteer leadership. He is Past Chairman of ASAE’s Professional Development Council and has served on the ASAE Membership Council and the Editorial Board for the ASAE & the Center for Association Leadership Journal of Association Leadership. He is a former member of the Board of Directors for the Association Forum of Chicagoland.
Magda acts as strategic partner of the ICF’s leadership, including the Board and variety of committees and task forces. Specializing in strategic planning, cultural competence, ethics, international affairs and board governance, she also oversees organizational budgets and manages professional staff of the ICF. Magda is also a trained coach – she received her training from the College for Executive Coaching, and also holds a certificate in the Fundamentals of Systemic Coaching.
Magdalena brings over a decade of experience in fundraising, consulting and association management. Prior to joining International Coach Federation in October 2005, Magda held a position of Assistant Director of National Policy and Director of Development and the Council of State Governments, a national association of state officials in all three branches of government. During her tenure at CSG, Magda also worked closely with the USAID’s US-Asia Environmental Program, overseeing the grants program in 11 nations of South-East Asia.