Workshop 3 Recording: Energizing Your Membership with Effective Community Engagement
This recorded workshop package includes:
- Recording of keynote "Focus on the Future" by Dean West, discussing the new environment and its impact on external awarness, with strategies for identifying the groups you need to reach, selecting methods and honing your message.
- Recording of "Tales from the Front Lines" interview with John Mark Davidson of The Community Company. John Mark shares how his organization launches, grows, and manages more than 30 unique communities.
- White paper: Leading Strategic Change in Associations
- Looking Forward 2021: Executive Summary - what the data is saying about the new association landscape
- Strategic Issue Brief - An in-depth look at the issue of building external awareness from this session, including the challenges and solutions identified by workshop participants
Dean West is the founder and President of Association Laboratory Inc. He leads client engagements and is a frequent speaker and facilitator for national and global association leadership meetings.
Mr. West is a former association executive with experience as executive director, chief operating officer, and chief financial officer for both national and international membership organizations. He has been a consultant to the association community since 1992, and has provided services to hundreds of state, national, and international organizations.
Dean West is a nationally recognized expert in association management. He is a Fellow of the American Society of Association Executives. Mr. West authored the chapter on Membership Research for the ASAE book, Membership Essentials and the chapter on Marketing Professional Development Programs in the ASAE book, Core Competencies in Professional Development.
Mr. West is an experienced volunteer leader familiar with the demands of volunteer leadership. He is Past Chairman of ASAE’s Professional Development Council and has served on the ASAE Membership Council and the Editorial Board for the ASAE & the Center for Association Leadership Journal of Association Leadership. He is a former member of the Board of Directors for the Association Forum of Chicagoland.
John-Mark Davidson has been bringing groups of members together and virtually throughout his career in association management. He is the Director of Member Connections for The Community Company, which builds and manages business communities for media brands. He has overseen the launch of multiple new communities from scratch, transitioned communities into mobile apps and leads a team moderating more than two dozen communities. Prior to joining The Community Company, John-Mark held a variety of roles at the Entrepreneurs' Organization. He is also an accomplished fiction writer.