Workshop 5 Recording - Collaborating with Components for a Consistent Member Experience
This recorded workshop package includes:
- Recording of keynote "Focus on the Future" by Dean West, discussing the new environment and its impact on component strategy
- Recording of "Tales from the Front Lines" interview with Amy Burke, Executive Director of the Special Libraries Association. Amy shares her case study on how SLA implemented major changes from decentralized component operations to a more centrally-organized and efficient organization.
- White paper: Leading Strategic Change in Associations
- Looking Forward 2021: Executive Summary - what the data is saying about the new association landscape
- Strategic Issue Brief - An in-depth look at the issue of building external awareness from this session, including the challenges and solutions identified by workshop participants
Dean West is the founder and President of Association Laboratory Inc. He leads client engagements and is a frequent speaker and facilitator for national and global association leadership meetings.
Mr. West is a former association executive with experience as executive director, chief operating officer, and chief financial officer for both national and international membership organizations. He has been a consultant to the association community since 1992, and has provided services to hundreds of state, national, and international organizations.
Dean West is a nationally recognized expert in association management. He is a Fellow of the American Society of Association Executives. Mr. West authored the chapter on Membership Research for the ASAE book, Membership Essentials and the chapter on Marketing Professional Development Programs in the ASAE book, Core Competencies in Professional Development.
Mr. West is an experienced volunteer leader familiar with the demands of volunteer leadership. He is Past Chairman of ASAE’s Professional Development Council and has served on the ASAE Membership Council and the Editorial Board for the ASAE & the Center for Association Leadership Journal of Association Leadership. He is a former member of the Board of Directors for the Association Forum of Chicagoland.
Amy is the Executive Director of the Special Libraries Association, a 110-year-old global organization, representing individuals who research, provide, curate, archive, analyze, and/or create content, information and/or data across corporate, government, association, and academic sectors. SLA members are the storytellers and “fact”tellers of information. Amy loves working as a change agent for associations and non-profits, providing strategy, solutions, and results to generate impact. Her work focuses on driving growth through understanding the key motivation drivers of a community.